Programme Location: Cambridge, Oxford or California
Start Dates: Any Monday
Programme Length: 1-33 weeks
Minimum Age: 21
Qualifications: Minimum English language entry requirement of CEFR Level B1
Ideal For: Business professionals that wish to improve their English confidence and fluency for work purposes
Class Size: 15-20
Lessons Per Week: 30 hours of Business English tuition
Timetable: View a sample of our Business English timetable (these are subject to change, according to the specified centre and the needs of the student)
What we include on the syllabus:
Courses will be tailored to meet your individual needs, but we prepare materials to cover the key areas noted below:
- Basic business functions, such as making appointments and giving instructions
- Understanding and giving business details
- Business contexts, including travel and conferences
- Methods of communication
- Business topic areas and issues
More about CEFR Level B1
All Cambridge English exams are developed according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). This internationally recogonised benchmark describes language ability on a scale from A1 (beginner) to C2 (proficient).
If you are at CEFR Level B1:
- You can express opinions on abstract/cultural matters in a limited way or offer advice within a known area, and understand instructions or public announcements.
- You can understand routine information and articles, and the general meaning of non-routine information within a familiar area.
- You can write letters or make notes on familiar or predictable matters.