General English Programme
The IELTS test is required by most UK Universities as proof of English language level for
entry at Undergraduate and Postgraduate Level. Students may prepare for their IELTS test
at our English Schools.
The IELTS Exam Preparation course aims to:
- Prepare students for all aspects of the IELTS test, including:Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- Listening and speaking are standard; however, the candidates have a choice between the Academic and General English language modules of the IELTS exam for reading and writing.
- Focus on the two major formats of the IELTS exam:
- Academic – Tests a person’s ability to study in English at undergraduate level or Post graduate level in an English speaking University
- General Training – This module is suitable for people who are going to an English Speaking country to work or train at below undergraduate level. It is also used for immigration purposes to selected countries
The IELTS course involves 15 hours IELTS Examination Preparation tuition per week.
Minimum age: 16
Maximum class size: 15
Average class size: 10
Start dates: Any Monday
Hours per week: 19 for Standard + IELTS and 23 for Semi-Intensive + IELTS (2009)
Levels available: Elementary (CEFR Level A2) to Advanced
Minimum course duration: 1 week
Available at: English Centre London and Eastbourne