Summer Work & Travel Program USA
Summer Work & Travel USA, as its name suggests, is a visitor exchange programme that gives you the opportunity to work and travel in the United States. As a participant, you will have the unique chance to experience life in the U.S. as more than just a tourist. You will also be able to share your own traditions and culture with the American people, as well as other international students.
Once you meet the requirements of the programme and you’re accepted, we will do the following:
- We will provide you with the proper documents so you can obtain a visa.
- We will guarantee you a job offer, which generally includes pre-arranged, affordable housing.
- We will give you further information regarding the parameters of the Work & Travel programme, in addition to living and working in the U.S.
Summary of Conditions
Type of job: Entry-level jobs in hospitality industry.
Salary (other benefits): $7.25-$10.00 depending on the position. Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour is paid in non-tipped positions.
Accommodation: Available at an average of $75 to $125 per week. We find reasonably priced housing for most participants.
Location of job placement : USA, various locations.
Duration of the placement: 3 – 4 months during your university vacation, after which you are allowed to travel for up to 1 month within the U.S.
When to apply? 3 months before the planned start date.
Eligibility. Who can apply? Applicants must between 18-30 years old.
Visa Required: J1 visa.
Programme cost: The booking fee=$90
Cancellation: The booking fee of $90 is non-refundable.
Work Placements With Friends
Many participants are interested in sharing the work and travel experience with friends, a boyfriend/girlfriend, or family member. If you want to be placed with someone else:
- You must qualify for all the positions you are requesting.
- We need to receive your request(s) in a timely manner.
- You must arrive in the U.S. together.