Application age: You must be between 18 and 30 years old, and enrolled in a college or university outside of the U.S.
You have to be able to function in an English speaking society.
Applicants should arrive in the U.S. before employment is scheduled to begin, and they must be able to stay for the duration of the programme.
They must also be capable of performing the duties and tasks outlined in the job description.
Finally, all participants must prove that they have sufficient funds to financially support themselves upon arrival in the U.S.
How Do You Apply for this Programme?
1. Read the Summer Work and Travel USA description carefully so that you understand what we have to offer.
2. Make sure you are eligible to participate.
3. Apply and book your place on the programme, using the web form on our site.
You will be asked to submit proof of your student status and passport copy. We will check your eligibility.
Once you have received further instructions from us, plus a full application form, you should complete the form and submit it to us together with any other required documentation (including proof of payment, if applicable). There is an application fee, to confirm your participation in the programme and to arrange your interview. If you choose the Self-Arranged option, you must submit the job offer at this point.
We will review your application. If you’re accepted, we will invoice you for the programme. You need to make this payment before or on the date indicated in the invoice.
Once we have found a position for you, we will send you an Employment Agreement with the job description for you to sign. After you have signed it, we will issue your DS 2019 form.
You need to go to the U.S. Embassy or Consular Office in your home country to apply for a J-1 visa. Please note that international students studying in the UK can apply for J-1 visa from the UK. You must then buy a return airline ticket with dates corresponding to your employment dates. You also need to attend the orientation, during which you will be advised on what to do once you have arrived in the U.S.
- A completed Application Form with signed terms and conditions. If you are under 21, your guardian’s or parent’s signature must appear on the form.
- Two original letters of reference in English.
- Resume or CV.
- Our Proof of Student Form must be filled in and sealed or stamped by your college/university. A college or university letter that includes the same information as on the form is also acceptable.
- A job offer (applicable to self-arranged participants only).
- A copy of your passport.
- A Visa Denial Form (if applicable).
- 2 passport photos.
- A signed copy of the Refund Policy Form.
Work Permits and Visa
Applicants who have arranged their own jobs in the United States must submit a written offer of employment to us. An official employment offer must be on company letter headed paper and must clearly state the following:
- Company name, address, phone and fax number.
- Name and e-mail address for a contact within the company.
- Job start and end dates.
- Your pay rate.
- A housing description.
We will contact all self-arranged employers to confirm each job offer. Any falsified, forged or fabricated job offers will be rejected without refund.