Programme Location: Cambridge, Oxford or California
Start Dates: Any Monday
Programme Length: 1-33 weeks
Minimum Age: 12
Qualifications: Minimum English language entry requirement of CEFR Level A2
Ideal For: Students that wish to improve their English study skills
Class Size: 15-20
Lessons Per Week: 30 hours of Academic English tuition
Timetable: View a sample of our Academic English timetable (these are subject to change, according to the specified centre and the needs of the student)
What we include on the syllabus:
Courses will be tailored to meet your individual needs, but we prepare materials to cover the key areas noted below:
- Familiarisation with the academic environment and conventions of the British or American Higher Education system
- Listening to academic lectures
- Effective note-taking strategies
- Reading academic texts quickly and effectively
- Expressing ideas clearly and accurately in writing
- Giving oral presentations
More about CEFR Level A2
All Cambridge English exams are developed according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). This internationally recogonised benchmark describes language ability on a scale from A1 (beginner) to C2 (proficient).
If you are at CEFR Level A2:
- You can express simple opinions or requirements in a familiar context.
- You understand straightforward information within a known area, such as on products and signs and simple textbooks or reports on familiar matters.
- You can complete forms and write short simple letters or postcards related to personal information.