Programme Location: Cambridge, Oxford or California
Start Dates: Any Monday
Programme Length: 1-33 weeks
Minimum Age: 16
Qualifications: Minimum English language entry requirement of CEFR Level A1
Ideal For: Students that wish to learn and use English in everyday situations
Class Size: 15-20
Lessons Per Week: 30 hours of Intensive English tuition
Timetable: View a sample of our Intensive English timetable (these are subject to change, according to the specified centre and the needs of the student)
What we include on the syllabus:
Courses will be tailored to meet your individual needs, but we prepare materials to cover the key areas noted below:
- Intensive practice in reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Review of grammar
- Vocabulary development
- Pronunciation focus
- Language learning strategies
- Guided self-study
- Presentation practice
More about CEFR Level A1
All Cambridge English exams are developed according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). This internationally recogonised benchmark describes language ability on a scale from A1 (beginner) to C2 (proficient).
If you are at CEFR Level A1:
- You can understand basic instructions or take part in a basic factual conversation on a predictable topic.
- You can understand basic notices, instructions or information.
- You can complete basic forms, and write notes including times, dates and places.