The University of Nebraska–Lincoln (commonly referred to as Nebraska, UNL or NU) is a public research university located in the city of Lincoln in the U.S. state of Nebraska. It was chartered by the legislature in 1869 as a land-grant university. UNL is the state’s oldest and largest university and the flagship campus of the University of Nebrask a system, and a world-class comprehensive public university with long history in teaching and research.
According to the most authoritative educational institutions ranking publications, US News and World Report, UNL was named the nation’s third most popular university in 2009, only behind to Harvard University and Brigham Young University, but its the first among the public schools. It has extensive subjects which are in excellent quality, particularly in engineering, business, computers, education, news, insurance, etc. Its College of Business Administration was accredited by ACSB, an international business school accreditation organisation. UNL has students of 23,573, 1,500 of them are from more than 100 different countries. It is one of the world’s most dynamic universities, not only renowned for its excellent academic, but also known as “football kingdom”.
- Inter-school cooperation, mutual recognition of credits. UNL sends foreign teachers to Xi’an Jiaotong University City College (XJTUCC) to teach English for the programme’s students;
- 150 disciplines are available in UNL, and can continue for further study in master’s and doctoral degrees;
- Visa advantage: no students has been refused in this programme so far;
- High amount of scholarships: the international programme students enjoy US$ 235 per credit from the scholarships;
- The programme has a special office: fully equipped with good learning environment, for the programme’s students;
- Abundant of extra-curricular activities: the US-Sino Office of UNL hosts English welcome party, cultural clubs, Christmas party, Halloween party, etc., so the international students can mingle up with the local students and teachers;
- Double degrees: students through the programme to study and graduate from UNL can enjoy double degrees from UNL and XJTUCC. So far, more than 40 students graduated from XJTUCC and admitted by UNL as graduate students. UNL’s degree is global recognised which can be found on the official website of the China’s Ministry of Education. After graduating from UNL, students can enjoy a year of practice time in the United States;
- Low cost and scholarships: students within the programme can enjoy scholarship of US$ 235 per credit awarded, that is an ordinary student after leaving the country within the programme will receive scholarship about RMB 50,000 per year.
The university today has ten faculties which offers more than 150 undergraduate majors, 20 pre-professional programmes, 100 graduate programmes and 275 programmes of study. Those faculties include: College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, College of Architecture, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business Administration, College of Education and Human Sciences, College of Engineering, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, College of Journalism and Mass Communications, College of Law, Graduate Studies.
Agriculture: agriculture, agricultural biotechnology, agricultural economics, animal science, biosystems and agricultural engineering, vocational and technical education, community communications and leadership development, food science, forestry, landscape design, planting and soil science, natural resources protection and management, dietetics, family and consumer science, hotel management, human nutrition, clothing and textile sales.
Arts and Sciences: anthropology, biology, chemistry, classical literature, economics, English, foreign languages and international economics, French, geography, geology, German, history, Latin American studies, linguistics, mathematics, economics, mathematics , philosophy, physics, political science, psychology, Russian studies, sociology, Spanish.
Business Administration: Decision Sciences and Information Systems, finance, management, marketing, accounting, economics
College of Journalism and Mass Communications: communication, integration of strategy.
Undergraduate: TOEFL 527 (PBT) / 71 (iBT) or IELTS 6.0, high school, college or university official English transcripts, certificates of deposit, copy of passport, and other documents required for application.
(Undergraduate students without the language results can study CESL language courses, The university will issue double-acceptance letter).
Tuition + living expenses + other fees
Undergraduate US$17,116 +12,328 + 29,444
ESL, a short semester (8 weeks): tuition US$1,700, accommodation US$1700, textbooks and daily expenses US$150, insurance US$205